Edison, New Jersey
Hackensack Meridian Health
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Teacher Assistant is responsible for assisting the classroom teacher with the day to day operations of the classroom, including assisting with the instruction of students. Must assist the teacher with a wide variety of tasks relating to the teaching-learning process and student assessment in addition to providing nurturing care and attending to student’s physical needs. Assist with carrying out duties in accordance to specific program policies, guidelines, and curriculum standards. Solve problems through expertise judgment aligned with early childhood best practices and licensing regulations. Work is generally performed under the supervision of the classroom teacher, supervisor, assistant director, and/or director/principal; assume responsibility for the classroom in the absence of the teacher and other duties as required. Must be able to lift 40 – 50 pounds.
A day in the life of a Teacher Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Assist in setting up environment (indoor/outdoor); Use developmentally appropriate practices to facilitate activities with groups and individuals; Participate in meetings with all staff as appropriate; Work with and encourage parent and community volunteers; Integrate all program components into classroom time; Assist the teacher with implementing daily plans which reflect mandated elements, parental and cultural influences, and promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of KWJ children; Follow a consistent schedule that meets individual needs, including small and large group experiences, choice time, music and movement, large and small motor activities, skill development, meals, and effective transitions between activities; Encourage experimentation, exploration, problem solving, cooperation, socialization, and choice making; Provide an atmosphere that promotes and reinforces parental involvement in the classroom; Work with special needs staff in the classroom to develop a collaborative approach that benefits all children in the classroom and meets the needs as specified on the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and/or Individualized Education Plan (IEP); Assume responsibility for the classroom in the absence of the Teacher and other duties as needed.
2. Support children at their individual level of development and providing the appropriate support needed to ensure continued growth and development; Observe and record behaviors of children to assist the Teacher in the identification of each child’s strengths and areas to grow; Assist Teachers in maintaining accurate written/electronic records, including: assessments, IFSP/IEP documentation, screening instruments, anecdotal observations, and other required forms; Attend meetings, training’s, and appropriate professional development activities; Obtain & maintain appropriate credentials as required for the position and Professional Improvement Plan (PIP); Adhere to all JFK, KWJ, local, state and national polices and regulations; Ensure that all communications (written/verbal) are in accordance with the policy on confidentiality
3. Ensure a safe healthy environment is provided at all times; Demonstrate knowledge of and implement safety and health practices as established by licensing regulations, center policies, NAEYC standards and JFK Health System; Implement effective Positive Discipline to manage behavior, provide an environment that is supportive of learning and consistent with curriculum guidelines, preschool standards and other regulations; Provide physical and emotional security to help children build a sense of self, positive self-esteem, and independence; Sanitize toys, assist with serving meals and other duties as needed
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent .
2. Child Development Associate (CDA) certification, CDA equivalent or higher preferred (CDA equivalent = 12 college credits in early childhood education (ECE), child development (CD), elementary education (El Ed) or early childhood special education (EC Spec Ed). Must have and maintain Pediatric First Aid/CPR AED certifications and active PINJ registry within 30 days of hire (PINJ = The New Jersey Registry for early childhood professionals serving children birth through age thirteen).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of 2 years as an assistant in an approved child care center or nursery school.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Child Development Associate.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
3. NJ Workforce Registry.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|